CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and Clay's Birthday party


We went to Wyoming for Easter this year and since it is pretty close to Clay's birthday we had a little party with my family.  On his actual birthday will be having cake and ice cream with Shane's family. My sister Holly rode up with us and the boys enjoyed having someone to entertain them on the way, although they were pretty good and slept a good part of the way.  Well I thought we had a lot of snow for April but my parents have a lot more of course and got about 4-5 inches more while we were there.  Shane and I worked on Clay's requested dump truck cake on Saturday.  It didn't turn out the way I thought it would but Clay was thrilled.  He was all about blowing out the candles.  We got him a couple of books and some balls and a big dump truck for the sandbox, which we didn't have room to take.   My grandma gave him a cars sleeping bag and my parents gave him a suit.  He wasn't too thrilled with that but I sure it will be really cute on him for my brother's wedding.  I still have to get pictures of him in it.  While the guys were at priesthood meeting, my mom, sister and I made jam.  Walmart had strawberries on sale, 1 lb for 1 dollar.  So I stocked up and we ended up with 21 cups of jam and we didn't even use them all.  It was kind of a short stay, but was a lot of fun and the boys were very excited to play with Grandma and Grandpa and their Aunt and Uncles.  We will be heading back up in 2 weeks for my future sister-in-laws bridal shower.

3 comments:

Gunnell Family

I can't believe he is four, wow, looks like you had a good time!

Tasha

Now that looked fun! Love the cake.

K

There is no way he is four! Where does the time go. His cake is absolutely darling, and I am jealous of all that freezer jam you made. Sounds so yummy.