For Thanksgiving we usually go to Star Valley and spend time with both of our families which is really nice, because then we don't have to pick and choose who we spend the holiday with. The other holidays we are not so lucky. We did eat the actual Thanksgiving dinner with my family this year though. My dad has been raising turkeys for a few years now and this year he decided he was going to kill one for dinner. It was pretty comical seeing my dad and brother out there with a shotgun trying to hunt Thanksgiving dinner down. I don't think it was much of a fair fight but my dad sure got to work up an appetite! Well we sat down to dinner excited to try our "homegrown turkey". I will tell you there is nothing like fresh turkey full of buckshot! Needless to say my mom is buying a turkey next year!!! We had a good laugh. It is always fun to get together with family. The boys had a good time with Grandmas and Grandpas, uncles, aunts and cousins. Shane and Clay went and got us a Christmas tree with the Robinsons. It is a very pretty tree and very big. It takes up literally half of our living room. Anyway he did a great job. Clay found out pretty quick that it "poked" so he hasn't bothered it much. We just hope that Broden doesn't start crawling within the next few weeks or the tree could be in for it.
OutsideMom.com
5 years ago
5 comments:
Cute family picture. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and your tree is beautiful.
Hey your tree looks pretty good! Where did you get it? :) I love your background.
I love your family picture. It's hard to get in the picture sometimes when you're always taking them. Love the tree too!
Ashley! Katy found me on facebook and gave me your blog address, so I have been stalking you for a little while :) So fun to see all the things you are getting up to these days! I am getting ready to send out Christmas cards and I was wondering if you would e-mail me your address--my email is mrchenry@gmail.com. You can also check out my blog if you like!
Later--
Michelle (Coons) Henry
guess I should leave my blog address too :) mjhenry.blogspot.com
Post a Comment