
+(Large).jpg)
+(Large).jpg)
+(Large).jpg)
We got home in one piece, something that amazes me! Florida was a lot of fun mostly due to the fact that I got to spend so much time with Shane without work and school to get in the way. Our flight left for Orlando at about 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday and we didn't get there until almost midnight. It was a very long flight especially with Broden. Flying was not the highlight of the trip for him I am pretty sure. We traveled with Shannon and Mike, 2 other members of the Rocket team. They were great and I just hope they still want to have children. On Thursday we did some "sight seeing" We drove to Kennedy Space Center but didn't go in because it was 40 bucks a pop and we were going to being going the next day. But on our way back we were driving right next to a river and we saw a few alligators! So like your typical tourists we stopped and took pictures. That afternoon we went to the beach. It was weird to see people out and about in swimming suits in the middle of November. We also saw them putting up Christmas decorations which was really weird in the 86 degree weather. Friday we went back to Kennedy and went in but I went in with 3 other wives. Shane and the other guys got a special tour and got to watch the launch from 3 miles away. So it was just us girls. It was pretty fun actually. There was so much to see and do. I seemed to be the center of attention wherever I went. You would think that people in Florida have never seen a baby before. People were always stopping to talk to Broden. He loved it! The shuttle didn't launch until 8:00 that night. We sat with the rest of the public 7 miles away from the launch. They had a big screen where we watched the astronauts suit up. They also had a astronaut come and talk to us about what was happening as they got ready to launch. Then he let little kids come up and ask him questions. I can't explain how cool the launch was. It is amazing to me that we can even make it up in space. Just one of the two boosters on the space shuttle burns 1.1 million pounds of fuel in 123 seconds. The 7 astronauts that went up were going to the Space station and would be up there working on it for 2 weeks. Anyway I thought it was awesome. The Saturday and Sunday we spent mostly resting. At church people couldn't believe we came all of the way from Utah. Monday before we headed to the airport we stopped at a place called space shirts, and picked up some souvenirs. The flight back was a lot better because I remembered to grab Broden's medicine out of my suitcase before we checked it. He cried for the first 5-10 minutes of each flight and then slept until the next morning. I am really glad we got to go. Shane was more excited than I have ever seen him. He worked really hard on the rocket last year and has recently become a NASA fellow. I am glad he enjoys his work and am proud of him.
5 comments:
Sounds like you guys had so much fun!
that looks like you guys had a fun time. Glad you got to go. Just wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday
Wow, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, that would be so cool to see it go up, I am totally jealous. But as for the warm weather and Christmas decorations, it is wierd to me too, but we are seeing it everyday here in Texas.
Ashley- Your pics are so beautiful!
I am so excited for you and the awesome experience!
Those photos are amazing. What a fun trip to go on. Any place warm in the winter is always a huge bonus in a trip!
Post a Comment