CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The summer begins.......


Clay on my grandma's old lawn mower

Aunt Lindsey and Clay making volcanoes in the
sandbox

Sandbox buddies

The big man himself

This is where Clay spends most of his time....
He loves the sandbox!

The big cheese!

Broden enjoys the sand box too!

Clay and Aunt Lindsey who will be leaving on
her mission in 2 weeks.

So if you haven't heard we are at my parents for the summer once again. I love spending time there but it is hard when Shane is so far away. He is once again spending his days working at JPL in California. He enjoys the work but coming home to his dorm room every night gets kind of lonely. I am excited though because instead of him coming to visit us... I get to go and visit him at the beginning of August. I will stay the weekend with him in California, then we will fly to Chicago for 3 days where he has to present a paper at a conference. The boys will be staying with my family. It will be so much fun just the two of us. But I still have another month to hang in there......

The boys are doing well, Clay is about 98% potty trained. Sometimes he gets busy playing and has an accident. He does stay dry at night and during his nap so I think we are making great progress. Every time he gets done going to the bathroom he says,"Mom happy?" and gives me a big hug. It can't get much better than that!

Broden is walking all over and is into EVERYTHING!!! If he is not supposed to have it, he will find a way to get it. He is pretty determined. He is also sleeping better at night. Every so often he will wake up but he is doing so much better!

We are home now for a couple of days to mow the lawn, get the mail etc. Saturday we are meeting Shane's family at Bear Lake on our way back. I am sure the boys will have a great time. Anyway we are doing well despite the fact our family is separated. But I will be glad when the summer is over and Shane comes home!

4 comments:

Minda

Yeah for potty training! Way to go, isn't it so much nicer.

Anonymous

IT looks like you are having good times in WY. I'm glad to hear that. Summer will go fast. Yeah for Clayton!! Let me know if you need any help with your house while you are gone. Happy 4th. Catch ya later

Bonnie

Such cute kids Ashley. I'm SO SORRY I missed seeing you on the weekend of my grandpas furneral. I'
m still so mad I missed everything. Hopefully we can meet up soon. Your trip with your man sounds fun...hope time flies by for ya!

Tasha

Hello Ashley!!! So fun to find your blog. I was so excited when I figured out it was you! Your little boys are so darling. Don't you love having little boys? I do. They keep me pretty busy, but I love it. So fun you are going to get to see your husband again soon. That must be so hard. I live in the riverside/San Bernardino area, if he is ever out this way you are welcome to stay here. It will be nice for you to get away just to 2 of you! I am just so happy I have found your blog!