CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

The beach...in a box


Pure enjoyment, even after eating the sand

Both of the boys digging

Another happy face. He even said "cheese"
for the first time.

Clay loving his "new" dirt pile

When Shane decides to build something he usually does it really well. Our new sandbox is no exception. I wanted a sandbox for the boys to play in so they could quit digging up our yard. Well I got that and then some. Shane's uncle was able to get a good deal on sand at the gravel pit. So we got a lot of sand, about 4 cubic yards of sand, which is a lot more than it sounds. To hold all of this sand we had to have a big sandbox. So now we have a 10 foot by 12 foot sandbox in our backyard. The boys have barely given it a rest since. They would have stayed back there playing all day if I would have let them. It is nice because I don't have to entertain them. they are very content to entertain themselves. So if any of you want to bring your kids over to play in the sandbox feel free, there is definitely plenty of room!

5 comments:

The Maynards

Its huge!! Shane did a really good job. Looks like the boys love it!

K

It looks like there will be many hours spent in that happy place. We used to have one and we loved it. Sadly enough, eventually K lost interest, now he wants a basketball hoop:) Enjoy it while you can!

Gunnell Family

I wish I lived closer so we could have the boys play and we could just hang out.

Kara

Sweet! I might have to take you up on that offer, my boys would love that! Do your boys get into those ant hills as well? I just noticed them in your yard while watering and forgot to ask, even if that's what they are!?

Brittney

Looks like so much fun! And I am a little jealous my little boy loves to dig in the dirt- right now he chooses potted plants. You were smart to make a sand box with plenty of room!