CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

My little man...


This week has been tough for us...I am sure all you mothers would agree that having sick kids is almost worse than being sick yourself.  Broden stopped sleeping at night Sunday night.  By Tuesday night he had a cough and a fever.  The next day the fever was gone although he still had a nasty cough.  He acted better but was hardly sleeping and he didn't make a good bed companion.  Thursday he had a fever again.  So Friday I took him to the doctor.  He ended up having a double ear infection on top of a really bad cold.  I started him on the antibiotics and gave him the ear drops the doctor gave me. I sure was ready for a good nights sleep.  No go.  Friday night he refused to sleep at all he just screamed, so we watched movies until 3:30 when he finally fell asleep.  Saturday night he only woke up 2 times and last night only once, so  I am hoping he is on the mend.  I think the little guy wore himself out this week because this is what he was doing today instead of eating his chicken nuggets,which he usually won't give up for anything.  Sometimes I don't think you realize how grateful you are for healthy kids until they are unhealthy. I sure love having this little guy happy again.

3 comments:

Tasha

Oh, no fun! Having sick kids really is the worst. It is so tiring and you just feel so bad for them. I hope he gets better really really soon. Hang in there.

Minda

Wow, what a tough week, we have had a similar experience here with our kids. Not fun, not only does it make for grumpy kids it makes for grumpy mommies and daddies.

Unknown

I love that picture! Sometimes what I look like during class-and probably what you look like during the day huh? Love you!