CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pink eye

So we haven't ever had pink eye.  Clay's eyes were a little runny yesterday afternoon but I didn't think anything of it because since they took the stints out of his eyes they tear up every time he gets a cold.  When I got home from my meeting last night his left eye was draining yellow stuff!  Eww!  Well my mother-in-law said it was probably pink eye.  This morning he woke up and his right eye was gooey as well.  I took him to the doctor and sure enough.  I feel bad though because I am in charge of the playdate in our ward, which happened to be yesterday.  So I called all of the ladies that came to playdate yesterday and talked to the Primary president about cleaning the nursery.  Shane leaves tomorrow for Florida and I was planning on going to my parents for the week.  I am not sure my parents want pink eye and I sure hope Shane doesn't get it while in Florida!  Anyway kind of a bummer.  I hate having sick kids.  I am looking forward to spring when we won't have to breathe in the same stagnant air everyday.

5 comments:

Gunnell Family

oh Ashley, I am so sorry that he has pink eye, that stinks, and I am sorry that Shane is leaving you just when things are getting fun. I have been thinking about you a lot and hope things get better.

Tasha

Oh so so sad Ashley! I do not like sickness and pink eye is the worst. I hope he gets better quickly and no one else gets it!!

Bonnie

That sucks! My boys had pink eye and its no fun. Hope the little guy feels good soon. Keep your eyedrops...I was told they last forever.

K

This seems to be going around. The only good thing about this is that it is at least curable and fairly short lived. Good luck getting the eye drops in though. That's the hard parts. I found M&Ms worked as a great bribe. Let me know if you need anything while your hubby's gone and you have sick kids. I'd be happy to help. Hang in there.

Dana

Oh Ashley you are a trooper and so are those kids. We have had the same issues with kids being sick it is no fun! Good Luck with everything! Your such a great mom!