The month of February was crazy for us. First Shane left to seen the Shuttle launch in Florida on the fifth and came back on the 10th. While he was gone the boys and I went to stay with my parents. The boys had a lot of fun feeding the horses, helping with chores and of course helping my parents finish their basement. We dipped cinnamon lips and hearts in chocolate for Valentine's the boys had a great time doing that. After they were all done Broden decided to lay on top of them when we weren't looking. He made quite a mess.... We came home Wednesday and and then on Sunday we packed up and took Shane to the airport. He went to San Diego for 5 days for a conference. So I decided to take the chance to visit some friends and family. We stayed a couple of days with my old roommate and good friend Katy. Then we went to Provo to visit my sister. We were able to visit our cousin and then stayed the night with our Grandma in Sandy. I took my sister back to Provo for class and we drove to Bountiful to stay with my good friend Alyssa and her husband Kyler, both who I went to high school with. They have 3 little girls and the boys sure had fun playing with them. Then on Thursday I went back to Salt Lake and picked up Shane. We sure had a fun time but I think the boys were glad to be home and to sleep in their own beds.
That next Sunday we went to visit Shane's parents and their baby calves. Clay sure thought that it was great fun. He got to ride on the tractor with Grandpa and pet the calves. They are actually rebuilding a bridge by Shane's parents house and since it was Sunday Shane let Clay stand in an excavator and he thought he was in heaven!
The weather has been warmer the last few days, which I cannot tell you how excited I am to see the snow go. The boys and I have had some extreme cabin fever! Clay does not get into trouble very often but I have noticed lately he has become more curious and more destructive. The other night he was in the bathroom which usually takes him a good twenty minutes because he is very easily distracted with bath toys or playing in the water or whatever. Usually after a few minutes I have to go in and hurry him along his way. Well Shane and I were watching a movie and all the sudden the power went out. Clay started crying and I ran to the bathroom. I asked him if he was hurt and he said no, so I thought he was scared because the power had gone out and left him in the dark. We found out that not all the power had gone out just the breaker had been flipped. We were kind of perplexed on why because there were no appliances running to overload it. Later when I was getting ready for bed I went to get my tweezers and they were not where I usually put them. I found them on the floor only they wouldn't work, the ends were burnt off. Yep, you guessed it. I looked at the outlet and there were black streaks coming out of it. Shane said he probably didn't get much of a zap though because he wasn't grounded. I just have to say that this is highly uncharacteristic of Clay. He is usually pretty obedient and doesn't get into things.
.jpg)
3 comments:
Wow, those are some scary experiences. STressful too. Boys. They like to give their Moms a good scare. I sure love them though :)
Looks like there's never a dull moment at your house with two little boys. It's so nice that your parents are close enough and your boys are young enough that you can go over and stay when Shane is gone. That's a huge blessing.
Wow, that is scary to not know where your child is. My little brother did a similar thing to my parents when he was almost 3, luckily our neighbor was walking her dog and found him 2 blocks away from where we lived and brought him home,I can remember how panicked my mom was though. Glad he is alright.
Post a Comment