I just wanted to share a couple of our favorite fall recipes. I hope you enjoy them.
Creamy White Chili
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in to 1/2 in cubes
1 med onion chopped
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1 T oil
2 cans great northern beans rinsed and drained
1 can ( 14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilies
1 t salt
1 t ground cumin
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t pepper
1 c sour cream
1/2 c whipping cream
In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.
I like to serve it with tortilla chips and cornbread. It is one of Broden's favorites. Last time he had 4 helpings!
Pumpkin pie dessert
1 box yellow or white cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
1/2 c margarine
1 egg
2 c canned pumpkin
2/3 c evaporated milk
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 T pumpkin pie spice
2 T butter melted
1/4 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
Mix cake mix (reserve 1 cup), margarine ad one egg then pat into bottom of a 9X13 pan. Mix the pumpkin, canned milk, brown sugar, 2 eggs and pumpkin pie spice together and pour into pan on top of cake mixture. Mix the reserved cake mix with butter, sugar and cinnamon until crumbly then sprinkle on top of pumpkin. Bake @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.
You will love this if you like pumpkin pie.
OutsideMom.com
5 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I am especially excited to try the chili :)
Thanks! I've been looking for a good white chili recipe for a while. I'm excited to try it!
Yum, I think I will make that Chili next week, thanks for the recipe!
Yummy!!! I love white Chilli. I was wondering if you would share your gingerbread recipe? They are so soft and yummy!
Post a Comment