CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July!!!

We went camping with the Clark's for the 4th of July up Grey's River. Clay had a lot of fun and Broden didn't care one way or the other. We brought his trike and he put quite a few miles on it. Aunt Holly dug a hole and put water in it since the river was to high to play in. Clay was a very muddy but happy boy. He didn't enjoy the mosquitoes very much. We found out that he is extremely allergic to them. He was pretty swollen all over and you couldn't see the bites until the swelling went down. It didn't seem to bother him though. By the time we went home we could have scraped the insect repellent off of him. I put Broden in his snow suit to sleep and he stayed nice and toasty even though it was pretty cold at night. I slept with Clay in the twin bed in the trailer, definitely not my ideal sleeping arrangement! We had fun though.

2 comments:

Gunnell Family

Sounds like a blast. It is gorgeous up there, I hope you are enjoying your stay, we miss ya.

K

Camping is always fun. I'm sorry about the mosquito allergy thing. When I was on my first camping trip we discovered I was allergic also. I was four months and ended up in the hospital. It's so not fun but at least they have repellent that isn't as smelly anymore! I'm glad you had fun.